Monday, April 13, 2009

How can i make flowers for cakes?

K well I%26#039;m doing a cake for my grand-ma and grand-pa and i want to make flowers out of icing I know how to do it it%26#039;s just i need a recipe for a type of icing that it won%26#039;t make it fall apart.If I use store bought it just turns to goo.Please help!

How can i make flowers for cakes?
You need frosting, not icing - cream 2 cups of shortening in a mixer, then add 1/2 tspn of salt, then sift in 4 cups of powdered sugar and 2 tbspns of milk. Beat until fluffy. Add more sugar as needed to make a semi-stiff frosting. This is a good regular frosting. For flowers, purchase a star tip and pipe the frosting through the tip.
Reply:I like James%26#039;s recipe but I would use 1/2 shortening %26amp; 1/2 butter. This will be still firm but plyable (sp) but taste better. You can also add flavoring if you wish.


If you know the pastry chef%26#039;s method for piping flowers they produce very nice... ah flowers.





Happy Anniversary to Sweet Grandma %26amp; the Old Fart too.



fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment